Thursday, January 1, 2015

bjp 2014 - leaf pile

I'm happy to say that I've actually finished my 2014 BJP series! No, I haven't blogged about the last three yet, and I don't do resolutions, but I will promise to post the missing ones, in the next few weeks. At the end of every season, leaves do fall, and what better way to show them, than in a nice, fat, pile! No raking required, but I expect that they will eventually end up, displayed in some orderly fashion, on stitched bits of muti-coloured fabric. It's hard to catch them, and they will blow here and there, but I hope to be able to corral their their 2014 whimsy, in one safe, or should I say, sane place!
Now on to 2015! For those of you, interested in joining the Bead Journal Project for 2015, open enrollment closes on January 5th. After that, you'll need to wait for December. The BJP is on Facebook, and all you need to do is to "Join". Yes, it is a year long commitment, but only one bead per journal is mandatory. The shape, the type of beading,and anything else is entirely up to you!............................................................................................... I wish you all a happy, healthy and creative 2015!

6 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Happy new year wishes to you too! I'd love to join the bead project, but I have my hands full with projects and don't dare take on anything else (despite the need to reduce my stash of beads!!).

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

Thanks, MA! Link for the project, in case you change your mind, or anyone else is interested!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/177095035820297/

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

I have been giving this a considerable amount of thought.... Joining the BJP... but I already have a huge ongoing project on the table... I really want to... tho!

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

You know, even if you decide not to start right away, you could find it interesting. However if you can't, there's always next year.

Robin said...

What a lovely pile o' beaded leaves... I like the idea of displaying them on a plate in a pile for a while. I want to be a guest at your house, picking each leaf up, holding it in my hands, examining every detail, touching little parts, turning it over, fondling it. It would take me at least an hour to look at them! I especially love it that each was created in the shape of a real leaf, one that you found and traced! How wonderful is that!

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

Thanks, Robin! Like my Triangles, I will probably display them in a bowl or plate. Unless I can figure out a wsy to display them, so thy have movement. I'd like to think of them spinning in the wind! I'm not entirely sure that I'm finished with the leaves, and may do a future series of smaller leaves, but not for the BJP. I love that the project has influenced me to think in series!