Sunday, January 8, 2017

1 Year In Stitches: 2017

Long time no write!!! Here's a little project that I'm working on this year. At least one stitch a day, for 365 days. You can find start-up and background info on the Brown Paper Bag blog, but if you're interested, will be able to sign up on Facebook. Over 2000 members have already joined, so I think this may be a popular handwork movement this year. Here's another similar Facebook group, run by Susan Sorrell (so far, it's a smaller group, with almost 500 members). I've joined both groups!
I'm working on a heavy cotton, thrift shop dinner napkin, that I've tea dyed. No real plan for this piece, just some enjoyable stitching. Perhaps a little beading, later on....... I'm currently working in a hoop, but do plan on also working off-hoop, when necessary. The beading will get in my way, so will probably include that later in the year. That is, if I can stand it!!!
If you're wondering where I've been, I write a weekly blog post, every Wednesday, over at the BeadFX blog. Here's my latest post! I wish all of you a happy, healthy and creative new year!

4 comments:

Rachel Murphree said...

I like your meandering stitch. Cool! Can't wait to watch your progress...

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

Thanks Rachel! It's going to be an interesting year, as I have no idea where this is going!!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I've noticed a lot of people are doing this stitch project. Looks like fun, but I have more than enough on my plate to keep me busy. It's fun to see what everyone else is doing though!

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

Hi MA! It is fun, but I find myself ignoring some of my other stuff, because it's just so relaxing!!! More soon.