Tuesday, August 5, 2014

bjp 0614 - flying in circles

Why is it, that time flies so fast, that it seems you're spinning in circles? One day, warps into the rest, and very little gets accomplished.....sigh! This bead journal is all about the passing of time and the use of unconventional objects. Found objects, gifts from friends, watch parts, glass nuggets and vintage components, are mixed in with new beads and the odd houshold treasure. Nothing is left out, and all will be used to mark the passage of time. These are my memories, and although I may not remember the individual stories, I will remember my treasured items, as the years progress. It's good enough for me! How do you plan to leave your mark, for future generations? A clean house, is not enough! Promise me, that you'll take some time for yourself....
I won't need to buy vintage jewelery components for a while, as I won a bid for a nice bag of them, from a seller on EBay. Of course, lessons learned are a)the exchange rate, and b) that shipping is expensive. I have promised myself to only bid on exceptional and/or very light items, in the future. LOL! Nothing unusual in my stitches, just the regular posse of peyote, back, stacked and boucle/bocce/moss. I love the warm colours, the watch parts and the bezels in this leaf! It was actually finished early in July, but bad blogger that I am, I just didn't get around to writing about it until now. For those of you that are still doing this, how do you manage to keep up? I do have good intentions, and still love the process, but time evaporates, and all of a sudden, my blog post is two months late. Boo, hoo to me!! Yikes!!! The bad news is, that I haven't even started on my July bead journal....soon, I promise, soon......but then there are class samples to make.....don't worry, I'll find the time to squeeze it all in, somehow........

9 comments:

Sue said...

Once again, I love your detail work! It's just amazing to click on the photo and see all the little unusual bits you've incorporated.

Liz said...

Well maybe my super high level of slacking will give you hope. I finished BJP January and posted it. I also finished February, but didn't post it. I'm half way done with March. I still plan to finish out the year. Is that optimistic, or what? And if I can't manage, well then I will just continue through to next year :-)

Your leaf is lovely. It's so warm and eye catching. Who is that little guy? You mix and match with style!

kaiteM said...

Time - what's that, i lost it a while back. Lucky you winning the right to buy a bag of vintage bits, i guess the high cost of postage will be worth it in the end. Exciting bead collage work as only you do so well, and i love the colour choice here, the red is so full of energy.

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Wow!! this one is sort of like and I Spy... all the little trinkets and embedded parts! Love iT!!!

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

Thanks, Sue, Liz E, Kaite and Beth!

Sue, detail, detail, detail!!! I always worked with it in the day job, so is it any wonder it appears in my beading?

Liz E, you'll catch up, if you only believe! I will too!!! The little plastic figurine, was actually sent to me from Kaite in Australia, in one of our gift exchanges. She had found it at the side of the road, somewhere. I'm using it to illustrate myself, in the midst of the spinning circles and time.

Kaite, Time is fleeting! You cannot stop or capture it, so enjoy it while you can.....as for the red, I love the energy too!

Beth, I never thought of it as an "I Spy", but I guess you're right. It's a kind of a treasure hunt for me to create, so it's only natural for the viewer to participate! I'm actually surprised that no one, including myself, has ever made the connection before. LOL!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your beaded pieces are always such fun to see. So many wonderful little details to discover! I have given up on trying for anything on ebay or etsy - got bitten once too often on postage costs and won't go that route again, no matter how much the temptation. As for leaving my mark - I'm hoping my white cloths will do that, but who knows. What we think is something that might be treasured most often ends up in either the trash or being used as a cat or dog bed.

Rachel Murphree said...

it's always a pleasure to inspect your bead creations and find all the fun bits and bobs. As usual, beautiful work!

Evanna said...

Having the bead project is just what I need because although i'm always a few steps behind it keeps me going and then as you say at the end you get the joy of seeing what you created in all those snatched moments.

Deb said...

Amri - I think I need to come visit you, and bring some toys with me. I continue to love everything you make - everything. <3