Saturday, August 30, 2014

bjp0714 - coastal shades

Now for a leaf of a completely different flavour! It was finished mid-August, and is based on a trip to the west coast, to visit my family. Verdant blues and greens, have a calming effect on me, so how fitting to focus July's efforts, on mountains, water, calm and simplicity.......it just seemed right! I chose not to complicate the stitches and beads, and limited my 'extras' to the face cabochon and a shell from the beach. I know, I know.....it's not like me to do simple, restrained, or even a pictoral!.....I guess that I'm just not willing to be categorized!!!! As the post should reflect the mood of the leaf, I'll be ending it now. But before I leave, I ask you to reflect back, on your memories of the sun on your face, the rich smell of the forest and the sound of waves on the beach. Perfection!

12 comments:

sheilaposter said...

a sweet moment out of time. However, your simple looks anything but simple. The blue beads really looked like the ocean

kaiteM said...

Ocean waves and ripples, an overwhelming sense of the sea and coastal landforms, as many beads there as are drops in the ocean. Magnificent

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

Thanks, Sheila and Kaite! I love the West Coast and can't help reflecting that in this piece!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

This is another favourite! The face in the cabochon reflects the peace that the seaside brings. Gorgeous!

Ildiko said...

So lovely and peaceful! I like it so much! Love, Ildiko.

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

I do miss the beach and forests of the west coast... but not enough to move back... I think. I miss them most when someone mentions the very things you have!!! The leaf is beautiful.

Wendy said...

it is lovely, where did you get the barnacles from, that piece is inspired xx

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

Thanks, MA, Ildiko, Beth and Wendy!

Wendy, I picked up the broken shell, complete with barnacles, while I was in Vancouver. I found it in the sand, on Third Beach, in Stanley Park.

Barbara said...

I love the colors and flow of your piece. Simply beautiful!

Robin said...

You have it ALL here, Anne Marie... sky, water, shoreline, beach, serenity, nature at its best! Yaay!

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

Thanks, Barbara and Robin!

Rachel Murphree said...

Amri, this is deceptive in its simplicity. Elegant, so well thought out. I love it.