Friday, April 2, 2010

First Post

I've been active in the artistic blogging world for a couple of years, but this is my first real attempt at a personal blog. I know, I know.....I admit to avoiding it, but I felt that it would take more time than I was prepared to give. In 2010, I cut back on my personal commitments, so feel confident that I will be able to devote time to the art of blogging. I intend this to be a creative and welcoming place for family, friends and followers to visit. My art is an exercise in complicated simplicity and I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting techniques. I'm a fledgling explorer in the mixed media world. Who knows what trouble I will get into next? I started my artful life in fibre, but am now leaning heavily towards mixed media. I love to work with fibre, paper, lace, beads, metal, paint, photography and recycling found objects. Come join me as I explore the depths of the blogging world. I promise you a colourful experience!

4 comments:

kaiteM said...

Yay, i've finally pushed you to the edge so you can now flyyy, good for you. i know you'll just love it, and remember - you are blogging just for YOU, and the rewards will flow in. it's time very well spent. |<.

Penny said...

Welcome to the blogging world. You're going to love it and we're going to love reading your blogs!

arlee said...

Yeah, Anne Marie--i'd wondered lately what you were up to! Welcome to the Blogosphere :}

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

Penny, Kaite and Arlee, thanks for the warm welcome! Kaite, you haven't quite pushed me to the edge YET, but your encouragement does help. As for you Arlee, I've been off the radar for a while. I finally came to the realization that I was trying to do too much and needed to scale back this year (like the blog is going to help me do that!). I decided not to enter any juried shows, just to give myself a break and refocus my priorites. I'll probably be right back at it next year.